Retex

Nov 7, 2020
Select a Server
TTT Vanilla
Ban Reason
Ghosting
Punishment Issuer
nico
I was banned for ghosting because I direct messaged a player saying, "kill Kuanica" (Kuanica is a guy I wanted to kill once I got Traitor to get revenge). I do not think I ghosted, as ghosting implies giving a living person information they do not know when you are dead. I did not give the individual information, it was a command. The person I messaged was also a Traitor, so it was already his objective to kill Kuanica, who was innocent. I did not tell him his location, and Kuanica was already directly infront of the person I messaged.

nico

Letting everybody into the T room
Donator
Game Staff
Jul 17, 2020
South Carolina
Hello, today I'm going to give a valuable lesson on the context of your actions. Knowing the context of a situation is important as a staff member on TTT. This part is a demonstration of context.
ghostingcrop.jpg
Seeing this without any context is a reasonable ghosting offence, but that's not the full story but rather too little of the story.

Now, allow me to explain the context of what happened in this incident from my perspective. When the appealing player ghosted to another user, I had just gotten on to the server during that specific map rotation. Seeing the message they sent, I went to give them a warning to not send messages as a dead player that would contribute as ghosting. With the context I had so far, that was all there was to be done, a slap on the wrist. Before I did that, however, I was informed by the staff members who had been on the server that the user had been warned for sending a similar message earlier in the evening. This gave me more context, if you will. Knowing that the player had unmistakably ghosted even after being warned of it, the situation had changed. This is why you were banned. I'd see a reduced time on this reasonable, but your actions outside of this appeal convince me it would encourage bad behavior. That is all, thank you for your time.

• Dislike
Reactions: Zaid_Zilla

Cameron

🏆 Participation Trophy Recipient
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
Pennsylvania, United States
playbtg.com
Guys this is a ban appeal not a staff app. It's a dialog between staff and the user punished, not staff and everyone who feels like sharing an opinion. If you don't have any evidence to bring forward that isn't already known, don't reply. The only person allowed to reply to plead their case is the OP.

Cameron

🏆 Participation Trophy Recipient
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
Pennsylvania, United States
playbtg.com
You need to be aware though that the rules surrounding ghosting were updated. The rules page being behind what we have been enforcing is your only saving grace. When you are dead, you are dead. Don't PM living players to attempt to influence their actions. That goes against the spirit of the game and is what led to your ban.

Like I said though, the definition has been updated so if you do this again, you will be banned again.

Reactions: nico
Status
Not open for further replies.