Ban count on join | Browntown Gaming

Ban count on join

/dev/null

Server Admin
Donator
TTT Staff
Jul 21, 2020
Previously staff (maybe the entire server) could see the number of bans someone had when joining. This made determining cases of second and third infractions significantly easier.

I personally would like to see this feature added back to the server.

Thanks,
Various Pasta Related Names

Reactions: General Electric
Jul 20, 2020
This sounds like a good idea for the reasons mentioned above plus if everyone could see the ban count they might be able to more reliably gauge the amount of intent.

+1

Mogi

poopy head - Honorary Title by Hingle
Sep 14, 2020
If possible make it only visible to staff. Even though it is public information I feel like shoving it in everyone's face would impact gameplay negatively.

+1

Reactions: HesitantCorgi

Meowii

Drinking Arizona Green Tea
Server Manager
Forum Mod
TTT Staff
Jul 16, 2020
Loved this feature no reason why it shouldn't be added again!

+1

Karmic Justice

Head of HR
Scooper
Jul 17, 2020
Loved this feature no reason why it shouldn't be added again!

+1

It was cleared because the highest number of bans on record always went to staff members who thought that banning themselves for one minute when they logged off made them soooooo cool , you guys.

• Sad
Reactions: Meowii

Mogi

poopy head - Honorary Title by Hingle
Sep 14, 2020
It was cleared because the highest number of bans on record always went to staff members who thought that banning themselves for one minute when they logged off made them soooooo cool , you guys.

So am I correct in saying a feature useful for staff to effectively manage the server was removed only because staff memed it too much?

Would the obvious solution not be to just have staff not abuse power for memes? I don't feel like that is a lot to ask.

/dev/null

Server Admin
Donator
TTT Staff
Jul 21, 2020
I feel like previous generations of the moderation team were significantly more likely to do that. I haven't seen anyone with that behavior recently. The last time we had the ban count on join feature (~2-3 months ago, unless I'm mistaken) I did not witness anyone banning themselves to leave.

So am I correct in saying a feature useful for staff to effectively manage the server was removed only because staff memed it too much?

Would the obvious solution not be to just have staff not abuse power for memes? I don't feel like that is a lot to ask.
While i wholly disagree with the general tone of your message, i do agree with what you are saying. For most of the existing staff it is very clear that their powers are for punishment and not for memes.

Overall I feel this feature is useful and almost required for accurate repeated punishments. If certain staff members can't handle having a number next to their name when joining and insist on getting it up, they probably shouldn't be staff. However that is another issue. I feel like staff banning/kicking themselves can be, and probably should be, handled separately from the ban count issue.

Reactions: Mogi