JB Rules Suggestions/Updates. | Browntown Gaming

JB Rules Suggestions/Updates.

Stao

Server Mod
Jailbreak Staff
Nov 10, 2020
These are some rule additions/changes that may be beneficial.

• Add a Game Terms section.
    • This would prevent confusion with Jailbreak specific terms and how they operate in comparison to other servers. I would suggestion the following:

Game Specific Terms
(These are terms only found on our servers, and a defined below.)
  1. AFK - To be AFK, you may not use your basic keyboard commands. This includes movement of the player, flashlight, and mouse movements/buttons.
    • Crouching is not AFK.
    • Spraying sprays is not AFK.
  2. Alt-Walk - To walk holding the alt key.
  3. LR - Last Request.
  4. KOS - Kill on sight.
  5. Freekill - Killing prisoner(s) without reason.
    • MFK - Mass freekill.
  6. Gun/Weapon-Plant - To give prisoners guns/weapons. *(Note, I would suggest changing "Gunplanting" to "Weapon-planting," to avoid confusion if giving shivs or other weapons is allowed.)
  7. Cell Wars - A beginning of the round order that turns on Friendly Fire. You do not have to attack other prisoners unless Warden specifies otherwise.
I'll add more changes below when I think of them. Please give feedback on the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: ๖Maxfuu

maka

hey
Server Manager
Donator
Jailbreak Staff
Jul 17, 2020
I think the game terms section Richi wrote up has a pretty good explanation on a lot of this stuff, and it's accessible in the F1 Menu along with the rules. There are some thing I want to cop.

Gun/Weapon-Plant - To give prisoners guns/weapons. *(Note, I would suggest changing "Gunplanting" to "Weapon-planting," to avoid confusion if giving shivs or other weapons is allowed.)

Good point, I'll edit to clarify. Might be useful in the term guide but I feel like that and masskilling/rdm kind of explain themselves.

Add new Warden rule:
  • Warden may not lie.
    • For example, Warden may not state a prisoner is pardoned, then kill them.
    • This does not generally apply, such as Warden stating the wrong time.

I'll consider this. I don't like the phrasing much on the second part though. I get what you're saying, but I feel like there's a better way we can state it. I do agree that the warden shouldn't be able to lie about important game objectives (the example is really good).

1. Cell Wars - A beginning of the round order that turns on Friendly Fire. You do not have to attack other prisoners unless Warden specifies otherwise.

I don't feel I've heard this terminology a lot. A lot of times when I've seen similar orders they've just explained what to do, similar to how they would explain a game. This in some form might be a good fit for Richi's game guide, since I don't think any friendly fire games are in there and it's a common activity.

• Add "Missing Textures? Garry's Mod utilizes assets from Counter Strike: Source for numerous textures and props, so you'll need to have the game downloaded from Steam, OR you can download it for free through Steampipe." to the bottom of the rules. Seen here. Thanks @Richiachu

This is also in the terms but I don't see the harm in it being a little tidbit at the beginning of the rules since that's usually the first document people are going to read.

You'll probably have to hit me up about what specific format changes you made rule wise. I gave it a quick read through and outside of the game terms section it looks pretty similar overall.

Stao

Server Mod
Jailbreak Staff
Nov 10, 2020
I'll consider this. I don't like the phrasing much on the second part though. I get what you're saying, but I feel like there's a better way we can state it. I do agree that the warden shouldn't be able to lie about important game objectives (the example is really good).
Updated the second part.

"This only applies to direct warden orders, not general statements."

Stao

Server Mod
Jailbreak Staff
Nov 10, 2020
Global Community Guidelines
All BT Servers and official Communication outlets are subject to our Global Community Guidelines

Click here for the Global Community Guidelines

General Rules
  • Don't be toxic.
    • Do not use homophobic/racial slurs.
  • Don't spam either mic/chat.
    • Try not to spam more than 4 of the same message in a row. Don't hold down your mic button and talk over anyone, or play music (unless it's on American Idol.)
  • Don't ghost.
    • Ghosting is dead players giving information (like player location, what guns they have, etc.) to the living.
  • Don't avoid punishment.
    • If you are gagged and muted please don't leave the server and join right back. If you have to go, then that's fine, just let a staff member know ahead of time.
  • Don't hack, use cheats, or exploit the server in any way (bugs, glitches, erc.)

Game Specific Terms
(These are terms only found on our servers, and a defined below.)
  1. AFK - To be AFK, you may not use your basic keyboard commands. This includes movement of the player, flashlight, and mouse movements/buttons.
    • Crouching is not AFK.
    • Spraying sprays is not AFK.
  2. Alt-Walk - To walk holding the alt key.
  3. LR - Last Request.
  4. KOS - Kill on sight.
  5. Freekill - Killing prisoner(s) without reason.
    • MFK - Mass freekill.
  6. Gun/Weapon-Plant - To give prisoners guns/weapons. *(Note, I would suggest changing "Gunplanting" to "Weapon-planting," to avoid confusion if giving shivs or other weapons is allowed.)
  7. Cell Wars - A beginning of the round order that turns on Friendly Fire. You do not have to attack other prisoners unless Warden specifies otherwise.

Game Specific Rules
(These are general rules that apply to all players.)
  1. The round becomes a freeday if the Warden:
    • Dies/Disconnects.
    • Does not have a microphone/are unable to be understood.
    • Orders the prisoners to have a freeday.
    • No orders are given by 9:00.
  2. When a freeday is called, it may not be uncalled. No exceptions.
  3. Do not delay the round under any circumstances. Guards/prisoners must actively work to win the round or win LR.
  4. Do not body block.
  5. No favouritism.
  6. Orders override orders.
    • So if it is the floor is lava, and the warden orders to go to the main cell area, you are to go there, rather than stay in cells.
    • However, if the Warden states that it is a "day," such as "Lava Day," orders do not override.
    • Days cannot contradict each other. It will be assumed the last day is the active day.
  7. No detours or delays are implied with all orders, unless warden specifies otherwise.

Warden Rules
  1. The Warden must follow the LR, so long as it follows the LR rules.
  2. The Warden must not give orders that unreasonably kill prisoners, contradict itself, or are impossible to follow.
    • If a player doesn't understand a game or order, the Warden must explain it.
  3. Warden may not lie.
    • For example, Warden may not state a prisoner is pardoned, then kill them.
    • This only applies to direct warden orders, not general statements.

Guard Rules
  1. Don't speak over the Warden.
  2. Guards must follow the Wardens rules to the best of their ability. They, however, do not have to follow orders if they are:
    • Conflicting with the server rules.
    • Resulting in the Guard’s death.
    • Unreasonably difficult to follow, or is given on a freeday.
  3. If Guards witness a prisoner commit a KOSable action, they must KOS the prisoner. Guards must be 100% sure they are KOSing the right person.
  4. Guards can not weapon/gunplant.
    • Weapon/gunplant is a Guard giving guns to prisoners.
  5. Guards may not KOS Area Camp.
  6. Guards may not open cell doors without Warden’s permission.
    • Guards must, however, open the cells if the Warden dies before they’re open.
  7. Guards may not KOS the use of trail guns.
    • Shooting a trail gun is a considered being AFK Frozen.​

LR Rules
  1. LRs must abide by the following:
    1. May not require guards to kill themselves.​
    2. May only be a single request. Dual LRs do not count.​
  2. The following LRs are only allowed at Warden's discretion.
    1. Letting a prisoner commit a KOSable action (only for the round the LR is requested. Nothing next round.)​
    2. Mic-related LRs, such as "you must say X at the end of each sentence."​
    3. Warden's pet.​
  3. Death Requests are allowed, but are not mandatory.

Banned Games
  • War Day.
    • However, War Day may be ran once every map change.
  • Ping Day.
  • Games that involves killing based on playermodels.

KOSable Actions
  • Not following the warden’s orders as quick as possible (no detouring and delaying is implied with every order).
  • Having a gun out.
  • Being in a KOS zone.
  • Damaging breakable vents.
  • Damaging anyone on the guard team for any amount.
  • Picking up guns in guards’ sight.

Missing Textures? Garry's Mod utilizes assets from Counter Strike: Source for numerous textures and props, so you'll need to have the game downloaded from Steam, OR you can download it for free through Steampipe.
Credit to @Stao for a lot of help on these rules!

This is how the rules would look with the changes proposed.