L4D2 New Content Update

TobyTheZoroark

Creator of a TTT Weapons Tier List
Jul 17, 2020
Apparently a new content update for L4D2 was teased yesterday.

The video is a bit sketch, but this update is listed on the Left 4 Dead Blog, too. So this is an actual update that's happening.
Link to the blog post.

So yeah, this is a real update that's coming in the future. I honestly never thought L4D2 would ever get a content update after all these years, but here we are. What are your guys' thoughts about the future update (or the update whenever it comes out)?

EDIT: I looked through this teaser trailer again and noticed a few differences between the original last stand and this map. The chain-link fences separating the car from the rest of the level has been removed, pretty much confirming that this is more than just a rerelease of the survival map (most likely a full campaign). There's also a new shed-like building near the car. One of the biggest changes to the map is the building with a dock on the beach. It looks too detailed to just be some added scenery, so I think it might be where a rescue boat arrives in a campaign. Other than that, there's a lamplight in the background behind the car, but that tells us pretty much nothing other than the map may continue on back there. Just some other things to discuss.

EDIT2: Update confirmed to be free if anyone was wondering if it was gonna cost something.

Last edited:

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
Please fix the bugs valve i beg of you
Jaiz, the PR guy for this update, has hinted towards there being bugfixes in this update. What those are going to be, we don't know yet. We'll just have to see what their team is able to do.

Btw we are supposed to get updates on information in the next few days/weeks, and probably a release date.

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
A new teaser trailer dropped a few hours ago.

Time to discuss the new trailer stuff! The first thing to note is Bill being in the trailer, which confirms this campaign is going to have the L4D1 survivors instead of L4D2 survivors. There isn't much else to talk about in the trailer, but there is a Riverside sign in the background behind Bill, meaning this campaign is possibly a spin-off of Death Toll's campaign (trust me, there's like 30 something people on this dev team, they wouldn't be that lazy).

So what do you guys think?

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
JAiZ has now confirmed that the L4D1 common infected models will finally be brought over to the L4D1 campaign ports on L4D2, so that's pretty cool.

EDIT: And it is possible we may be getting L4D1 special infected models as well!
EDIT2: According to JAiZ, this update is going to include "a lot more than just the new campaign." What that means, we'll have to see. Other than that, I have some more information about the returning infected skins! Apparently, there's going to be some variety with them in some way, and they will have functioning gore stuff. Also, this campaign is confirmed to be playable in versus, survival (duh), and even scavenge.
EDIT3: edit1 is confirmed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake the Dog

Jake the Dog

I’m gonna go make a sandwich
Supporter
Jul 17, 2020
The United States
this is great news because it means we will more than likely get more than one campaign and some new mechanics. Can’t wait to play the update

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
It looks like we're gonna get some new achievements in this update:
0000.png

EDIT: Also, it seems like Rochelle's unused voice lines might be getting some use in this update!
0000.png

Last edited:

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
We finally have some map information!
0000.png

Its length is similar to Crash Course, which might make some people worry, but I think this team knows their balancing. We'll see how this plays in-game when it releases.

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
The big info dump is here!

There is so much to unpack from this that I'm not even going to cover it myself. Release date SEPTEMBER 24!! Don't forget that.
Here are some other things not mentioned in the trailer but posted by JAiZ in the comments.

0000.png