Accepted LL Agony's Staff Application

• Before posting in someone else's staff application, consider first if what you are going to say really needs to be said. Staff apps are meant to be a place where applicants can demonstrate to the managers and scoopers why they would be a good fit for a staff position, as well as allow the community to give feedback about the user. They are not a place that needs to be filled with one-word posts and off-topic discussion.

DO post if...
    You have constructive advice/criticism for the applicant
    You have feedback about the applicant (not their app)
    You are helping to clarify information, or
    You want to give a positive or negative recommendation (+1/-1)

DON'T post if...
    You have nothing constructive to say
    You are repeating the same advice from other users
    Your post has nothing to do with the staff applicant
    You are posting only asking to be added to their staff list, or
    You are replying to another off-topic post
    You are giving a positive or negative recommendation (+1/-1) without actually playing with the applicant.

For many users staff applications are their first interaction with the community outside of their home server so the last thing we should be doing is setting a bad example. From now on these off-topic posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will be given warning points.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LL Agony

Probably getting blinded by Maka
Server Mod
Supporter
Donator
Sep 25, 2020
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Select a Server
TTT Vanilla 2 - Map Rotation
What is your in-game rank?
Other - Specify in Application
Hello, the Council of Beans. It's been a while since I've made my last staff application (almost 4 years), so I've decided its long overdue to attempt to reinstate myself as a mod for the Browntown community. Ever since my return from the Browntown I've continuously tried to be active almost every day trying to learn the new guidelines and getting accustomed to the new community and staff. I was originally a mod on the NSV servers when that was still a thing and have gotten plenty of knowledge for moderating because of it. I would like to become a mod again simply because I feel, as former staff, I have an obligation in making sure the servers are fun for everyone who wishes to play on our servers. All of my almost 1000 hours on gmod has been with Browntown Gaming and I'm hoping I'll get the opportunity to have 1000 more with you guys. If staff/community believe that this app is hasty from the time of my return, I totally understand. I just thought it couldn't hurt since I will be able to bring my moderating experience to an already great team of staff. If I don't get approved I will still continue to do my best in making sure the servers are enjoyable for everyone. Thank you for taking the time for reading this post, see you guys on the servers.

MeowMix

Donator
Sep 23, 2020
Uhhhh....

Three nights ago, you sang the opening lines of "I'm an Alabama n-word" on the TTT minecraft server. Granted, you omitted the n-word from it but you then protested after I gagged you two lines into that song, calling it abuse.

I don't understand how, with thousands of hours of play time, you still thought it was appropriate to sing that song then apply to be a mod.

I cannot stand idly by when you sing that song, think it is appropriate, then apply to be a mod less than a week after doing so.

And surely your defense of "I was just joking" is probably not the best one to use here.

After you sang that, another player joined in - And didn't censor himself while doing so. Pascha was online with me at the time.

LL Agony

Probably getting blinded by Maka
Server Mod
Supporter
Donator
Sep 25, 2020
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Three nights ago, you sang the opening lines of "I'm an Alabama n-word" on the TTT minecraft server. Granted, you omitted the n-word from it but you then protested after I gagged you two lines into that song, calling it abuse.
I made a mistake, mistakes happen. However, I don't think that disqualifies my hours of moderating the servers and trying to keep it a fun environment for everyone. Keep in mind I've never once abused mod powers in the past and have never been banned from BT servers. I'm not gonna argue on this because it's not the place, so if any of the staff have questions about the specifics of the matter, I ask that they PM me.

Stoked

Sep 28, 2020
You're fun to play with and I generally think you're a positive influence on the server but you couldn't have been back for more than a week on the server. I don't think a week of activity is enough to judge how you're gonna be even if you've been here years ago, I'd like to see you around a bit longer.. -1.

A Friend

Overlord
Jul 26, 2020
From what I've played with you you seem very nostalgic for your previous mod time. I appreciate you wanting to come back and moderate but i really feel like you haven't proven yourself to be responsible or reliable. You have been back maybe 2 weeks after a hiatus of 4(ish) years which is a long time to be away. Browntown has evolved a lot since you last played and the moderation today is very different from what it was then.

From what i've seen it looks and feels like you wouldn't (currently) fit well with the moderation team. You've made some poor choices as above and i feel like you need more time to become more familiar with Browntown again.

Jul 20, 2020
+1 one of the few people who's extremely chill on the server. I've never seen him get too rustled over anything in my times that I played with him

Reactions: LL Agony

teapolice

Sep 10, 2020
-1 you're a chill guy, but i for the life of me cannot imagine you as staff, especially since it seems like you're only on the server to dick around like the rest of us. i guess you've been in bt for way longer than me, but that's just my impression of you

HesitantCorgi

The Coolest Corgi
Server Mod
Donator
Sep 14, 2020
Georgia, USA
www.twitch.tv
I used to mod with Agony and it was always a pleasure. Knows when it’s okay to mess around but also can be serious when needed. Known around the server well. I think agony could get used to how the new moderation goes and whenever they’re confused they ask about how it works now. +1

HONG

Jul 20, 2020
+1 sounds like maka
unless hes recently gone and done a super sayain transformation into a massive racist, hes been a chill and fun dude who knows the rules and gets along well with everyone every single time ive been on the server with him

PaschaLepus

Catch me surfing out of bounds 🏄‍♂️
Server Mod
Jul 17, 2020
Have to go with -1 for now. While you are generally pretty well behaved and fun to hang out with, both in-game and in Discord (in my experience), there are some things that I just can't look past. The incident Meowmix mentioned, for one, but as you said, people make mistakes and that was a single bad judgement call, not your regular behavior (again, from what I've seen personally). However, whenever I see you and Meowmix online at the same time, the two of you often seem to have this ongoing feud that I've noticed you both contributing to, leading to disruptive behavior and angry reports. You don't seem like a bad or malicious guy, but drawn-out, petty squabbles like that just don't fly, especially between staff and users. I like you as a player, so it would honestly make me very happy for your actions in the future to prove me wrong, but as things stand right now, I can't see you as mod material.

Status
Not open for further replies.