Shotguns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbee

Oct 16, 2020
I know this will probably get nothing but hate seeing as 90% of the server uses this weapon.

But i think the shotgun is a bit overtuned, can something be done about this?
I understand that its lethal closerange and i have no objections about that, but the damage on midrange and longrange is so stupid (even though it can be random at times). Mix the damage the gun does with people jumping around like loonatics which makes them harder to hit, makes all other guns irrelavant. Also the "blood splatter" from the shotgun is also so brutal that when you're hit you see nothing. Don't know if anything can be done about that, but i think reducing (and don't do anything about the damage) this will fix alot of the frustration im feeling when im fighting a shotgun user.

I made a macro yesterday which is a copy from meowiis "Knife users + weeb emoji" but only with shotgun instead of knife. After i started posting it alot of players agreed that its overtuned and they use it not necessarily because they want to use it, but because the other options just isn't viable.

Also, im sorry for my 8th grade english, I wrote this with minimal sleep, heavy statistic & method work requirements (university) and english is not my main language.

Karmic Justice

Retired Head of HR
Jul 17, 2020
I generally agree that shotguns, in their vanilla state, highly outperform all other weapons in the game in most cases.

That being said, it is a vanilla feature that is essential to the "Vanilla" Aesthetic that has better player retention than our many full custom servers.

Stoked

Sep 28, 2020
Shotguns are only really good because it's the weapon that most often overwhelms bad hit registration. If bad hit reg is fixed you'll see diversity in weapon usage again (deagle, rifle, mac 10).

Reactions: nico and Caribou

Arbee

Oct 16, 2020
Two things i know that never will happen
1. Hit Reg is fixed
I've been playing this game for a long ass time, and there is one thing that's always been complained about and thats the hit reg. It is and always will be bad.
2. People stop using shotguns
Even if hitreg gets better people will still use shotgun over mac 10 or M4. Even though rifle and shotgun takes up the same slot, they cant really be compared seeing as they're (supposed to be) the direct opposite, but the issue is that shotgun is super viable at semi-long/mid range aswell.

The damage is to high and the blood splatter makes you blind to you get shot again and the same thing happen again, rinse and repeat.
I am not talking about nerfing it to the ground, but make slight adjustments to promote versatility and fix a overtuned gun.

Reactions: TheShmethan

Fizz

Aug 27, 2020
I have a simpler solution (if It can be done), just make it so it spawns less often. This will encourage more diversity.

Reactions: Arbee

Hjarkan

Oct 13, 2020
I have a simpler solution (if It can be done), just make it so it spawns less often. This will encourage more diversity.
well weapon spawns are preset into the map, so think that will be hard. Tho i do agree that the shotgun is ridiculous dangerous both on short & medium/long range. So i woundt mind a slight tweek (bullet spread increase/less ammo in the gun, tho 2 will make it so that longranging a shotgun will never be viable) or as fizz said remove some spawn, even tho that dosent fix the problem.

Fizz

Aug 27, 2020
Either way, if the gun is used by pretty everyone (apart from the god tier gamers that land headshots with rifles and deagles), then the other weapons don't get used. This will make gameplay eventually stale. I think something should be done.

Cameron

🏆 Participation Trophy Recipient
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
Pennsylvania, United States
playbtg.com
If you all want weapon nerfs and customized weapon stats, I'd suggest playing our Custom Server where we've already done stuff like that. We are not modifying the stats of the vanilla weapons on the vanilla server.

Reactions: nico
Status
Not open for further replies.