Smash Ultimate DLC and Updates Discussion

TobyTheZoroark

Creator of a TTT Weapons Tier List
Jul 17, 2020
We need a new thread for this since BT nuked the last one. Anyways, welcome back to smash ultimate discussions! Today, we're going to be talking about this:

WHAT THE FUCK IS SMALL BATTLEFIELD?!

maka

hey
Legendary
Donator
Jul 17, 2020
i get really smashed when i play smash and just follow my friends around with bowser and try to side b them so that's my smash expertise.

small battlefield do be lookin cute tho

PaschaLepus

Catch me surfing out of bounds 🏄‍♂️
Server Mod
Jul 17, 2020
Smash Ultimate is great but honestly I've been extremely unimpressed with the DLC. The plant is alright, and Terry is good, but the rest of the Fighter Pack 1 was pretty meh, or downright bad (though not necessarily bad as in low tier). Joker is useless until he gets Arsene, at which point he becomes extremely strong. He should be more centered: stronger than he currently is without Arsene and weaker than he currently is with him. Hero is just conceptually bad, his entire kit revolves around RNG, with multiple instant kill moves, extremely powerful base moves like the fireball and lightning slash, and who could forget random crits? Banjo was exciting for the meme factor, but turned out to be awful as a fighter (even with the invincible wonderwing gimmick), and then Byleth had the exact opposite issue: fun gameplay but Nintendo completely soured the mood for her because they decided to release an 8th Fire Emblem character instead of literally anyone else. Banjo is a cool character, but trash to play as, and Byleth is a trash character that is fun to play as (and her final smash is literally just a png behind her? Who thought that was a good idea?). I won't be purchasing the second Fighter Pass until we know all the characters, because I definitely would not have bought the first one if I had known this is how it would turn out.

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
Huh, the small battlefield update video got removed with the account. Weird.

Anyways, new smash news! The next character will be revealed at 10AM EST tomorrow. Video's here for anyone interested:
I wonder who it'll be?
Steve from Minecraft

TobyTheZoroark

Jul 17, 2020
It actually was Steve from Minecraft.
Hey, I'm not complaining. This shit is awesome. The character looks like they'll be complicated as hell to play, though.