Suggestion for Warden Criticism | Browntown Gaming

Suggestion for Warden Criticism

TheShmethan

Sep 13, 2020
I would like to suggest a rule of no criticism unless it is absolutely required until the next round for Warden, especially as the server starts and newer players try to play. I have seen several new players try the role out to see how it works and get ripped on for incompetence while giving orders. I absolutely understand that it is important to keep gameplay interesting but receiving criticism while being Warden can make it difficult to focus and make a new player anxious, which will only make the round go worse and cause games to be more panicky.

Some exceptions to this rule would be issues that directly prevent effective gameplay, such as a very low or loud mic, RDM, miss-interpreting a game, or criticism to help the Warden understand the map (i.e. "This is how you use ______")

I do firmly believe beginning issues like these will iron out smoothly as we get further from launch date and I am so far very happy with how things have been going on the JB server, despite this suggestion. Thank you for your time.

• Dislike
Reactions: Fancy and Arbee

Hjarkan

Oct 13, 2020
oki, lets try again.. so being the warden is fun and all, but when all you get is hate dosen't really want me to continue playing.
positive critisism is always better!!... tell what they did wrong, tell them how to improve. discourageing words like "you suck, stop being warden..." and things like that is NOT the way to do it. especially when people are new to the gamemode

Arbee

Oct 16, 2020
I've been trying out jailbreak for a good amount of time now, and since no one wanted to be warden i opted too try it out sometimes. Granted im VERY new to this game and have little knowledge on the gamemode i still tried my best. But what im met with is hate and flaming.

Im all up for constructive critisism and Moan Bamba was very helpful at that. But there are several others who are doing nothing but flame and spit out nothing but toxic behaviour which makes me not want to ever be warden again.

There are countless "offenders" here but I wont namedrop anyone but there are several of the "higher ups" that are toxic as fuck, i really expect more of you since you're supposed to set an example and not promote whatever shit you're doing.

For real, that's like demoralizing as fuck....

TehDarkside

Server Mod
Jailbreak Staff
Sep 20, 2020
I apologize that the server hasn't been the kindest towards newer players right now. A new server with lots of new players who aren't sure what to do mixed with general rowdiness of a fuller server can cause some growing pains. We as a moderation team are working on getting adjusted to Jailbreak/de-rusting after not playing for so long, so there will be some stuff to iron out. I can assure you that I and other moderators will try to minimize the amount of harassment towards new wardens as we go along.

As for your suggestion, I think this can be remedied by having players more willing to contact the mods if they feel like they are being harassed on the server, along with the mods stepping in more often early on. While I don't think we need a new rule for this specific situation, I think the intention is good.

Hjarkan

Oct 13, 2020
i mean that is all well and good for sure, but there was stiill some staff who joined in on the flame and that soundt be. i mean i know it can be hard to mange everything when there is alot of people, but they as a staff membere they soundt participate in the flaming. they sould try to stop it.

maka

hey
Server Manager
Donator
Jailbreak Staff
Jul 17, 2020
I see where all of you are coming from, Warden is a really intense role and usually no matter what you do you always have one guy getting salty at you.

With that being said, an entire rule strictly forbidding criticism of the warden is a little intense. If you feel things cross the line I want to remind you guys that typing @@ [your message] in chat gives you a line of communication with the staff team that is discreet. If you feel like someone is crossing the line when it comes to criticism then please let us know. The server is hectic right now, and sometimes in a closer knit community it can be hard to tell the difference between 2 friends messing around with each other and someone genuinely being a dick. Just know that if you use admin chat we'll work to resolve the issue to the best of our ability.

As far as staffing goes do try to understand that playing on a JB server for hours at a time and can really raise the blood pressure, especially when you staff it, especially when there is a LOT of randoms (who for the most part have been great don't get me wrong!). Try to be patient and not take anything to close to heart, it's a stressful environment and with everyone being rusty there might be a couple slip ups. If it's anyone in the JB team feel free to use the report a staff member section of the forums and I'll address it with them personally.

TheShmethan

Sep 13, 2020
I see where all of you are coming from, Warden is a really intense role and usually no matter what you do you always have one guy getting salty at you.

With that being said, an entire rule strictly forbidding criticism of the warden is a little intense. If you feel things cross the line I want to remind you guys that typing @@ [your message] in chat gives you a line of communication with the staff team that is discreet. If you feel like someone is crossing the line when it comes to criticism then please let us know. The server is hectic right now, and sometimes in a closer knit community it can be hard to tell the difference between 2 friends messing around with each other and someone genuinely being a dick. Just know that if you use admin chat we'll work to resolve the issue to the best of our ability.

As far as staffing goes do try to understand that playing on a JB server for hours at a time and can really raise the blood pressure, especially when you staff it, especially when there is a LOT of randoms (who for the most part have been great don't get me wrong!). Try to be patient and not take anything to close to heart, it's a stressful environment and with everyone being rusty there might be a couple slip ups. If it's anyone in the JB team feel free to use the report a staff member section of the forums and I'll address it with them personally.
I understand, I guess I meant more of an extension to micspamming/loud mics/toxicity rules. It can make the wardens hard to hear and make things difficult in-game. However, if you don't think that is the best route I get it because it is a tough rule to enforce as well.

Reactions: Arbee