Tyber's BT Server Tier List

• A NOTICE REGARDING TIER LISTS:

Please note that all tier lists (especially those made by Tyber) are heavily biased (many on flawed logic) and should not be taken as official or the community's stance on the rankings.

Tyber

Princess
Forum Mod
Supporter
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
Few things to note before reading the tier list:
  • I probably missed a few servers.
  • This is kinda biased on how much fun I had and how successful a server was.
  • The server tier list begins mid 2016 after I started playing.
  • The reboot of MCV and CSS weren't added since Im not adding a server that's a repeat and just going to be D/F tier.
  • After S and A the rankings aren't 100% accurate but oh well.
  • Tierlist is ranked meaning servers in front of others are ranked better.
my-image (9).png
Tier List Legend:
S- HRP (Launch), BTC (Trundler | 2018), BTV
A- CSS, NSV, MCV, DarkRP (Dev- Cameron | 2017)
B- BTC (Cameron | 2016), HRP (Relaunch), BRR, DarkRP (Dev- Cameron, maybe Trundler | 2018), MC Factions, Dropzone
C- DarkRP (Dev- Microsoft, Some Cameron | 2019) MC Skyblocks, NSC
D- PrisonRP
F- BTC (Microsoft | 2020)

Honorable Mentions- Discord, Pixelmon

Server Abbreviation Legend:
HRP- HogwartsRP
BTC- Browntown Custom
BTV- Browntown Vanilla
CSS- Counterstrike Source Rotation
MCV- Minecraft Vanilla (24/7 B5)
NSV- Not so Vanilla ( Semi-Vanilla Minecraft Map Rotation)
BRR- Browntown Rocky Road (Semi-Vanilla Map Rotation)
NSC- Not so Custom (Vanilla Minecraft Map Rotation)

Tier list explanation-
S Tier- Nothing will ever top my experience that on these servers. Besides having content that made you play for hours on end the people who you'd met on these servers created experiences unparalleled to any experience elsewhere. HRP was truly the most fun I'd ever had on a BT server and was wildly popular until a few changes started to kill off the playerbase. Trundler's BTC had amazing crates, amazing content, thriving playerbase, funny (but sometimes dumb) staff; had the best blend of everything for a good TTT server but sadly died due to Cosmetic Crate 2 being teased and never dropped. BTV was added since I have lots of fun and is currently standing the test of time.
A Tier- Similar to S Tier experiences on this server were one of kind due to the people present and the content (if any) made you stick around. Notably CSS, for the player count that was usually present made it so unique and fun for all that we had.
B Tier- Average Servers that still had their moments but aren't on the same level as any A Tier server. Notably dropzone was really fun but due to always having 2 people on during peak hours it got placed lower, it did have moments where community members would play but that'd be usually twice a week.
C Tier- Microsoft's DarkRP is incomparable to the DarkRP's of Trundler and Cameron, don't have further reason and won't bash it too hard but it's C for a reason. MC Skyblocks, my first skyblocks experience but after being reset after the beta I lost all motivation to try and do anything after that and stopped playing and transferred 2 weeks in. NSC, worst ttt server but still was fun to degrees due to players.
D Tier- PrisonRP, nothing to do, boring.
F Tier- Microsoft's BTC was fun at first until glaring issues became more apparent. Weapons were amazing, until the OP sets were obtained. Not all the knives were ever available which means no chance to get knives that you like. Thats all overlooking the fact if the server didn't crash during a map rotation which was a very frequent issue that happened all the time without fail every few rotations. The server was bad and literally unplayable which is why it's F Tier.
Honorable Mention- Discord. I wanted to shoutout discord since we have a server on it (outside of forums) and it keeps us together and I feel if discord wasn't around this community wouldn't be the place that is. The connections, friendships, and in ways drama that happen on the discord make it more fun than any GMOD/Minecraft Server. You can express yourself in anyway, play any game, and do whatever you want on the discord while still keeping in touch with your friends you made on the servers. It's SS Tier for sure but this tier list is more for all the other servers than discord.
Pixelmon. A server on the BT DEDI but never supposed to be an official browntown server with mod, admins, managers, or public for people to join. It was a community server hosted by Cameron, sunshoes, and Boop with numerous builders such as Moglin and coldwinds. Pixelmon is single handedly the best minecraft server we've ever had. With a unique map, friends, and even an accelerated (even if not intended) pokemon experience. Begining Pixelmon rant on it's begining, popularity, falling action, and death: Pixelmon when launched immediately got the communities attention and became more popular as it went on into the week. It was fun playing minecraft with your friends sure. Playing Pixelmon with your friends was even better. You had the pokemon experience with npcs, quest, 8 gyms, and the elite 4. I believe the popularity was helped and pushed by the fact of ghost towers. Ghost towers offered a free, easy, grind to level up your pokemon. The grind was usually over an hour or so but after that you'd have a full loadout of level 100 pokemon and numerous rare holdables for your pokemon. Even with this the gyms were easy, but once you get to the elite 4 it was no easy task to beat them (until some strategies came to light) but beating the elite 4 without using known strategies and almost perfectly following it would leave you to being defeated and have to restart. At the height to keep attention on pixelmon events started to get hosted with prizes. I only really only beat one (the santa event) iirc but that was a tough challenge. At the decline ghost towers were nerfed so that the bosses spawned less frequently leading to less progression. Another issue was with pixelmon itself and the fact that low spawnrates of some legendaries lead there to being none of them and even after afking on the server most of the legendaries still wouldn't spawn. Near the peak a new region was added but with all gyms being lvl100+ and being impossible to beat (except with Latios or Latias hard legendaries to get, sure they were probably beatable otherwise but only pretzel with Latios was able to win the region). It eventually died out with no events, additions, or people playing.

Last edited:

Tyber

Princess
Forum Mod
Supporter
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
I forgot to add it to my thread but at the end of it all I was gonna joke about how microsoft has made 3 of the worst servers on browntown

maka

hey
Legendary
Donator
Jul 17, 2020
I'm suprised you weren't around for BTG Pixelmon 2018. It was so fun, ez s tier

Reactions: lord

Tyber

Princess
Forum Mod
Supporter
Donator
Jul 16, 2020
I'm suprised you weren't around for BTG Pixelmon 2018. It was so fun, ez s tier
I added Pixelmon to Honorable Mentions (now with an S). For Pixelmon I wrote my thoughts on the server and why it's an honorable mention rather than tiered.
Other Edits: Moved DarkRP (Microsoft) up to C tier since it was better than some of the other C Tier servers. Fixed a typo of Microsoft's name spelt as Mircosoft

• Dislike
Reactions: lunavis

HONG

Jul 20, 2020
mcv players when nobody wants to play the same shitty jump-up-every-block maps every day of their lives